Postdoctoral Research Assistant: Next generation weather modelling in cities
University of Reading - School of Mathematical, Physical and Computational Sciences - Department of Meteorology
You will be involved in state-of-the-art urban meteorological research being undertaken by an international multi-disciplinary team developing, evaluating and applying the next generation of weather and climate models, and considering how to deliver integrated urban services (IUS) and use atmospheric observations needed in cities in the future. This work is being undertaken within ERC-urbisphere. You will take a leading role running and analysing the next generation NWP modelling while working closely with others (including from Reading based ECMWF and/or Met Office), those undertaking observations, numerical modelling and concerned with IUS.
This is a fixed term for one or two people for 45 months FTE (total between the two), with possibility for extension.
- Experience of running a NWP model (e.g. UM, IFS), analyzing the results, through to publishing
- PhD in an appropriate subject (e.g. meteorology, climatology, environmental science, physics, engineering, computer science, physical geography)
- Excellent computing and data management skills
- Good problem-solving skills (e.g. programming problems, data analysis, instrument)
- Ability to prioritize urgent/long term goals and to juggle tasks as priorities change
- Ability to work well with others and independently
- Good oral and excellent written English skills
You can find more details about the position and how to apply in the following link: