The University of Reading is seeking to recruit one Postdoctoral Research Associate for 3 years to undertake and analyse observations in the FUTURE, ASSURE and urbisphere research projects.
You will be involved in exciting urban meteorological research being undertaken by multi-disciplinary teams developing, evaluating and applying the next generation of weather and climate models, and also considering what atmospheric observations are needed in cities in the future. This work is being undertaken within three projects that span fundamental atmospheric processes to integrated urban services.
- Experience using and analyzing data from at least one of the following state-of-the-art instruments (or equivalent): Doppler Lidars, IRT Cameras, Scintillometry, Ceilometers
- PhD in an appropriate subject (e.g. meteorology, climatology, environmental science, physics, engineering, computer science, physical geography)
- Good oral and excellent written English skills
- Excellent computing and data management skills
- Ability to prioritize urgent/ long term goals and to juggle tasks as priorities change
- Ability to work well with others and independently
- Good problem-solving skills (e.g. instrument, programming problems, data analysis)
- Ability to communicate and work with project participants and stakeholders
On your application form – please address how you meet the person specification criteria as identified in the job description and submit a full CV.
You can find more details about the position and how to apply in the following link: